Chambray Napkins | Set of 4November 27, 2022
Holiday Gift Box | Tea SetNovember 30, 2022
Hand Carved Tea Spoon – Round
Every order supports reforestation by planting a tree with Our Forest.
Enjoy a loving spoonful with these beautiful hand-carved heart tea spoons from Kenya!
Perfect for your own kitchen or as a gift for your loved ones, each spoon is crafted from sustainably-sourced olive wood.
Simplify your loose leaf preparation with these spoons, just scoop out 1 teaspoon of tea, per one cup of hot water, and enjoy!
Hand-carved in Kenya, these spoons provide fair wages for approximately 200 carvers and sanders. Carving in Kenya is mostly a seasonal job because the demand is driven by tourism, so in the off-season there is a reduced need for workers. But our spoons are made year-round, creating sustainable employment for the carvers. 90% of the price JusTea pays for the spoons goes directly to the artisans, with the remaining 10% going to supplies and transport. These spoon carvers earn about 2-3 times the minimum wage in Kenya.
All of the spoons are made from off-cuts of olive wood from larger items like bowls and tourist gifts (think carved giraffes). By turning these off-cuts into spoons the carvers reduce their waste and create for themselves additional income. Climate change looks a lot different in Kenya than it does in North America, the effects of which underscore the importance of increasing forest cover around the country. Our partnership together has committed to planting 3 trees for every 1 tree that is cut down to ensure forests are being replanted.
Since each spoon is hand-carved, the bowl size may vary slightly but it is approximately 1 teaspoon.
Read more about Justea’s Kenyan spoon carving partnership here
Dimensions: 4.25″ long
|Dimensions||5 × 1 × 1 in|
Small Funnel – Stainless Steel$4.50
Sold individually Durable stainless steel construction 1.5″
Medium Funnel – Stainless Steel$5.00
Sold individually Durable stainless steel construction 2″
Large Funnel – Stainless Steel$5.50
Sold individually. Durable stainless steel construction 2.75″ D ,